All Malaysian citizens and permanent residents are allowed to register a sole proprietorship/partnership in Malaysia. At least two directors, who each has his/her principal or only place of residence within Malaysia can form private limited companies under the Malaysian Companies Act, 1965.
Foreigners (non-residents) are allowed to register a private limited company in Malaysia as long as two of the company’s directors are permanent residents of Malaysia.
How much can I expect to pay? How long will it take?
How do I do this?
- Step 1: Choose a name and request availability of the name.
- Step 2: Obtain approval of the company name from SSM. This will usually take 1 hour to 1 working day following submission to SSM.
- Step 3: Completion of documents for incorporation of company. This will usually take 3-5 working days following submission.
- Step 4: Issuance of Certificate of Incorporation by SSM.
- Step 5: Filing of statutory forms with SSM and convene the First Board of Directors meeting. This will take 1-2 working days.
Private Limited Company: RM2,200 all inclusive - Click here for more details
Who can help me with this?
- FREE: One Company Name Search - worth RM30
- Preparation of incorporation documents such as Memorandum & Articles of Association, all relevant statutory forms and minutes for the First board of Directors meeting
- SSM Fee of RM1,000 for initial Authorised Share Capital of not more than RM400,000
- Stamp duties for Memorandum & Articles of Association of RM200
- Minimum of 2 and not more than 3 company directors & shareholders only
- Common Seal (new)
- 25 pages share certificates book
- Minutes book, register book, secretarial file
- No extra charge to place company nameplate at registered office
- No extra charge for SSM registered office address
- 5 sets of CTC copy of Memorandum & Articles of Association (M&A), Form 9, Form 24, Form 44, Form 49